Sunday, November 22, 2009

Show Me 5 Saturday


I think this is an excellent idea as I don't always have time to review every book I read and this meme is like a mini review.

You will post the answer to these questions. The number indicates the number of answers you will provide.

1 Book you read and/or reviewed this week
2 Words that describe the book
3 Settings where it took place or characters you met
4 Things you liked and/or disliked about it
5 Stars or less for your rating

1. The Book
The Glassblower of Murano by Marina Fiorato.

2. Words

Venice, Glassblowing.

3. Setting/Characters

1. Set in Venice the story moves between the 17th century and contemporary time.
2. Recently divorced Leonora travels to Venice where the father she never knew was born and meets a handsome policeman, Alessandro.
3. Corradino Manin , 17th century glassblower of renown and Leonora's ancestor.

4. Likes, Dislikes
1. I liked reading about Venice and the history of glassblowing.
2. I liked the historical part and the story of Corradino Manin.
3. I didn't like the contemporary side and thought the romantic interest between Leonora and Alessandro wasn't well developed.
4. I disliked the frequent large gaps between paragraphs with a boldface comment between.

5. Rating
*** 3 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment