Thursday, December 29, 2011

Library Loot



Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Marg at The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader and Claire at The Captive Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.


I don't have much this week but as it's the last Library Loot of the year I thought I'd add my meagre offerings. There would have been three but I spent a frustrating half-hour looking for Howard's End is on the Landing which according to the library records was on the shelf..........but it wasn't!!! A book I've been meaning to read for ages and when I saw it mentioned this morning on Bev's Top 10 decided I must have now but not to be.



A Circle of Sisters by Judith Flanders - a biography of the four MacDonald sisters, daughters of a poor Methodist minister, who all married well-known and prominent Victorians , rising from obscurity to become the intimates of politicians and princes. 
Sister by Rosamund Lupton.......a young woman searches for the truth about her sister's death. I read RL's second book Afterwards this year and really enjoyed it so hoping this will be as good.

Happy New Year Library Looters!




4 comments:

  1. Look like good books! I also have two to pick up at the library. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear Sister is by far the better story so i'm sure you will enjoy it.

    Great books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Circle of Sisters sounds really good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I normally would just request a book that I can't find on the shelf and let the library staff find it!

    ReplyDelete