Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Library Loot


Missed last week so this is what I've been gathering up since the week  before as I made quick dashes into the library to pick up books I had on hold.


Two from my Jamaica list which weren't supposed to come at the same time but that's what happens. A memoir of the author's family which stretches back to the days of slavery in Jamaica and a novel about Jamaican immigrants to Britain.

Nana by Emile Zola for the Classic Circuits Springtime in Paris tour in April.
An Empty Death - "war torn London hides a killer without a face.


Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts........already read this one which is not my usual genre (Chick Lit) but the dogs appealed.
Has just this week won the RNA Romantic Novel of the Year award.
Prophecy of the Sisters - YA paranormal ( with, hopefully, not a vampire in sight)


Mao's Last Dancer - memoir of a Chinese dancer
The Marchesa - historical fiction set in 19th century Sicily.


Relics of the Dead - medieval mystery.
Heart's Blood - the latest Juliet Marillier fantasy.

And that should keep me happy for a while!!

Hope you have some lovely loot too.

11 comments:

  1. I picked up Wilson just yesterday :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice loot! I'm sure you won't be bored for a long while. Hope you enjoy them all!

    Emidy
    from Une Parole

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a good many books! I miss going to the library! I have been renewing the books I took previously, so I better finish them and then head to the library!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, The Marchesa looks lovely! I've heard good things about Ariana Franklin. I've got a Juliet Marillier on my TBR shelf, I think it's Daughter of the Forest? Have you read many of her books?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look good! I can't wait for your reviews, especially of Mao's Last Dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read and loved Nana years ago. Enjoy your loot. My post is here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blodeuedd - it looks good. Hope you enjoy it.

    Lady Q - I've read the first two of the Sevenwaters trilogy. Daughter of the Forest is wonderful - I hope you'll read it.

    Stephanie - Mao's Last Dancer was recommended by a friend. I'm looking to reading it.

    pussreboots - I'm reading a chapter a day of Nana and enjoying it.

    Emidy * Aths - I like this loot - plenty of variety.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read Nana this time last year and absolutely loved it. I was lucky to be able to borrow an 1880s French edition but I also took out a translation to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I recommend the Cambridge Companion to Zola which has a very interesting chapter on Nana. It's been my favourite Zola so far. I went on to read L'Assommoir, which has been on my TBR pile forever, because it's a prequel to Nana and features her as a small child. Also a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lot of loot! I love both the title and cover art to Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts. I hope you enjoy it.

    I have Juliette Marillier on my list of authors to try.

    Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo...I really want to read Prophecy of the Sisters and Heart's Blood. Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

    Oh, and I found your blog via the Book Blogger Hop @ Cray-for-Books! :)

    ReplyDelete