Thursday, May 12, 2011
Theme Thursday - Women Relationships
This is a new meme hosted by kavyen at Reading between Pages.. “Theme Thursdays” will be open from one Thursday to the next and anyone can post it. The rules are simple:
* A theme will be posted each week (on Thursdays)
* Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
* Post it and don’t forget to mention the author and the title of the book
* It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
* Since we may take a few days to finish a book, this event is open for one whole week
This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.
This week's theme is - Women Relationships
I was not very pleased with Mary since she had defied me over naming her son. William! What a dreadful name! it could not compare with Charles. I knew that the House of Orange was spattered with Williams but how much more appropriate Charles would have been......in loving memory of her father and in hope for her brother. But Mary had to be obstinate, as her brothers were. She had to have her own way and was more influenced by that over-bearing mother-in-law than by me. So naturally I was not feeling pleased with my daughter."
p335 - Myself, My Enemy by Jean Plaidy