Thursday, June 23, 2011

Library Loot

 Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Marg at The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader and Claire at The Captive Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.




This week I still managed to keep the number of books I carried home down despite several temptations. I also returned several I started but then gave up on - I tried to balance the intensity of Shantaram, which I'm reading in a readalong ,with other easier reading but it hasn't worked too well - too frothy and I get bored so I'm just going with what takes my eye again now. Here is this week loot.....




The Gallows Bird by Camilla Lackberg.....................another Scandinavian crime writer .
Daughter of Siena by Marina Fiorato........................I was surprised at how small this one is compared to her previous book which was DNF for me but willing to give her another chance.





The Proof of Love by Catherine Hall
The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer


What's in your loot this week?

4 comments:

  1. At least you won't have the potty mouth problem in everyone did in the last book of Fiorato's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I placed a hold on The Proof of Love immediately after reading Simon at Savidge Reads' review of it. Can't wait till it comes in!

    Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. misfit - I hope not!

    Claire - it was that review that sent me looking for it and I was fortunate enough to be the first to put it on hold at the library.

    Linda - Should be some good reading amongst them

    ReplyDelete