Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Library Loot


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Marg at The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader and Claire at The Captive Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.


Three books in my loot bag today, all of which I'm really looking forward to........




The Gallows Curse by Karen Maitland...........' a medieval gothic thriller". I loved The Owl Killers and hoping this will be as good.


The Circus of Ghosts by Barbara Ewing .......historical fiction set in 1840's New York - a circus, a mesmerist and two performers and an old and vicious English duke bent on doing harm - sounds interesting!


A Trick of the Light by Louise Penny........been waiting for this one. My favourite series!!!


.........and I also purchased one from the library sale shelf for 50c. Ann Patchett's first novel ' a story of grace, insight and compassion".



Patron Saint of Liars by Ann Patchett



9 comments:

  1. That reminds me. I have been meaning to try Karen Maitland for a long time! *off to check the catalogue*

    Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise Penny - the best! I love her series too. Can't wait to read the latest. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard Louise Penny is a really good mystery author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaye - she's great, I agree! This one has jumped straight to the top of the reading pile.

    Tea - I think she is !

    Marg - I'm sure you'd enjoy KM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you read anything by Barbara Ewing before? The Circus of Ghosts is actually a sequel to another book called The Mesmerist which I really enjoyed (reviews on my blog). I haven't got my hands on The Cirucs of Ghosts yet but hope to soon. My favourite of her books is called The Fraud. It was SO good. Plus she was born in NZ in the Bay of Islands which is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel - yes, I've read most of them and really looking forward to this. Have to say The Fraud is probably my favourite too. And indeed awesome we can claim her for our own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like some great ones. I love Penny's series to, although I'm not caught up on it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to hear what you think of the Ann Patchett book! That's one that I haven't read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not familiar with any of those but enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete