Thursday, April 26, 2012

Library Loot - April 26

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Marg @ The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader and Claire @ The Captive Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they have checked out from the library.

Four books this week - and most unusual for these days three of them are hardbacks.



The Forgotten Waltz by Anne Enright......' recollections of a love affair' - another from the Orange Prize list . The last two I began I never finished which seems to happen all too often with these prize list books so hopefully this one won't join them.

The Water Room by Christopher Fowler ......' a wickedly sinuous mystery that goes to the heart of every London home'. It went on TBR after I read Aarti's review recently - it sounded like something I will really enjoy.


Howards End by E.M.Forster.....A 20th-century classic on British society's class warfare, as seen through the eyes of three different castes.

The Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie.......'The first Miss Marple mystery , one which tests all her powers of observation and deduction.'

What did you bring home this week?

9 comments:

  1. I love the covers on The Water Room and Howards End! I started rereading Christie's books this year but am saving the Miss Marples for a bit - they've always been my favourites. Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a long time since I read AC - Miss Marple is my favourite too.

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoy The Forgotten Waltz. I did not like it that much, but I know a lot of other bloggers did.

    I agree with Claire, the cover for Howards End looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear - that doesn't sound promising but my expectations are not high so we'll see.
      It is a lovely cover and a hardback too!

      Delete
  3. I loved the movie version of Howard's End. I should make time to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Miss Marple -- enjoy your loot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read Enright's latest. I enjoy The Gathering and the way that it made me contemplate the characters. There wasn't a lot of action but a deeply touching story and intricate characters and relationships. I hope The Forgotten Waltz is as good.

    ReplyDelete