Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Library Loot


Hosted alternately by Marg at The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader and Eva at A Striped Armchair.

Last week I had no loot because I decided this obsession with adding to the evergrowing pile was getting completely out of control so I had a big sort out and returned some of what I had. I was sorry to see some of them go back unread but I can always borrow them again. So I was looking forward to this week and being able to fill the loot bag again.........with restraint.


Roses by Leila Meacham............a family saga set in the American south which sounds quite good from the reviews I've seen around.
The Lake of Dead Languages by Carol Goodman........I like her books and this one will work in with a challenge.
Ever by Gail Carson Levine........this one was on the new books display shelf and although I don't often read Junior Fiction it looks appealing and suitable for the Once Upon a Time challenge.
The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen .........not keen on spinoffs but have heard good things about Syrie James and the cover is gorgeous.
New York by Edward Rutherfurd..........huge chunkster although not sure I'll be as interested in NY history as I was with his English books.
The Shadow of Your Smile by Mary Higgins Clark.........one of my favourite mystery/suspense writers.

What's in your loot this week?

8 comments:

  1. Nice loot, Cat. I hope to get my hands on a copy of Roses one day! I'll look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great loot :D
    I am going to my second library for the day soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MaryHC is my favourite author, I can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roses looks really good and I love Levine's books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so did not know that Mary Higgins Clark had a new book out. Yay! And enjoy of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both Ever and Roses look good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My library loot is coming to end... I have just two books on my hold list right now. I wish I could start building my hold list in NJ (moving end of month) but I can't get a library card quite yet.

    I reviewed Roses in the last two weeks. It's good, just a little too long (and I enjoy long novels).

    ReplyDelete
  8. How are you enjoying New York? I grew up in New York and we visited relatives in the city on the weekends. I loved the old buildings and the history. I really want to read this book. I seem to like the books you like, so I am interested in what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete