Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Monthly Roundup - May 2010

So it's farewell to May and winter is beginning to make itself felt down under although those long evenings and cold wet days do offer the perfect excuse for lots of reading.

I don't seem to have needed any excuses in May. My total is way above normal but I think that's because at least 10 of them were 300p or less whereas normally I go for bigger books.


Books read in May = 21

The Taste of Sorrow - Jude Morgan
The Wilding - Maria McCann
The Life O'Reilly - Brian Cohen
I Can See You - Karen Rose
Fragile Things - Neil Gaiman
English Trifle - Josi Kilpack
Angelology - Danielle Trussoni
The Strangers in the House - Georges Simenon
Ngaio Marsh - Joanne Clayton
Vintage Murder - Ngaio Marsh
206 Bones - Kathy Reichs
Mistress of Rome - Kate Quinn
Black Ships - Jo Graham
Abandoned - Cody McFadgen
The Convent - Panos Karnezis
The Loving Spirit - Daphne du Maurier
The Bodies Left Behind - Jeffery Deaver
Vivaldi's Virgins - Barbara Quick
Wicked Lovely - Melissa Marr
The Lake of Dead Languages - Carol Goodman
The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen - Syrie James

Favourites:
Always hard to choose but  historical fiction is a clear winner in May........The Taste of Sorrow, Mistress of Rome and Black Ships - fantastic reading.

DNF = 2
The Saffron gate - Linda Holeman
Pathways in the Painted City

Giveaway - The Life O'Reilly - apologies for having the wrong link for a while. I'll leave it until the end of this week so still time to enter.

Looking forward to June - lots of interesting things happening.

4 comments:

  1. You had an amazing month of reading Cat! What a great review of The Taste of Sorrow, it's a book I've been wanting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow .. 21! I wish I had read even half as many. Have a good (better?) June!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whitney - hope you will read it and enjoy as much as I did.

    It was a great month - even surprised myself with that total.

    ReplyDelete