Monday, August 16, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?




A weekly event hosted by Sheila at One Persons Journey

List the books completed last week, the books currently being read and the books you plan to read this week.

 
 
In the last two weeks I've read:
 
We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver
Peony in Love by Lisa See
Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh
Trespass by Rose Tremain
Queenmaker by India Edghill
Zan-Gah - A Prehistoric Adventure
Required chapters for readalongs - Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen and The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins.
 
Added reviews for:
Wolfsangel by M.D.Lachlan
Peony in Love by Lisa See
My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares
Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese


Currently I'm about to start reading:

Perfection by Julie Metz

Also reading the next installment of The Woman in White.


We're going away on Wednesday to visit our daughter and her family for a few days so its doubtful whether I'll be getting much reading done during that time.
These are the two I'll take with me .......


One Child by Jeff Buick
Lavinia by Ursula le Guin



14 comments:

  1. Have a great trip and enjoy your choices if you get to them.

    My post is here.

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover of Perfection. Lavinia sounds really good. I think I checked it out from the library once but didn't have time to read it. I hope you enjoy whatever you read this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We Need To Talk About Kevin is such a powerful read. I hope you really enjoyed it. I look forward to reading your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LeGuin, a favorite! I haven't read enough! Looking forward to your review.
    ~Lily
    www.neverfadingwood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting selection you've read and reviewed. I need to get through my library books before the textbooks arrive. Here's what I'm reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did awesome! Have a great week & happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like you had a very good week, and another one planned. Haven't read any of LeGuin's books in a while, but Lavinia looks interesting. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your family time. Love the cover of Perfection; hope the contents are as good as the cover :)
    Have a great week and happy reading, whatever you have time for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love the cover on Perfection! You have several delectable looking books this week. Enjoy!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adored Peony In Love! You had an excellent two weeks. Happy reading. I will look t your reviews. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. joining u from What are you reading on Mondays.
    Looking forward to catching up with ur blog

    Enjoy ur break.

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the look of Lavinia - different from her usual sci-fi books.

    Teddyree - I started Perfection last night and not that impressed.

    Jennifer - I loved Peony too.

    Sheila - Kevin made a big impact. Amazing book.

    Thanks everyone for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by today! I can't wait to read your review for We need to talk about Kevin. It's a haunting story about nature s nuture but in a wierd way I think everyone should read it. It's brilliantly written but frightening.

    Have you started it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally dropped the ball for joining that Northanger Abbey readalong. I hope you're enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete