Sunday, January 30, 2011

Monthly Roundup - January 2011

January is usually a month that slips by very quickly as its holiday time and the days are filled with family visits and social occasions. This year has been no exception but suddenly it's over, the children go back to school next week and life settles back into its normal pace.
Even bloggers need a break so it's been an opportunity for me to sit back and relax, read a lot of books , browse a lot of blogs but until this past week do little blogging myself.
Two things I wrote about wanting to do this year - read more globally and read more non-fiction - are away to a great start . Not due to any effort on my part as somehow I just seemed to pick up books that fitted into the plan.

Books Read in January = 16

Fiction = 11

Doomsday Book by Connie Willis
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Schaffer
blueeyedboy by Joanne Harris
Fall On Your Knees by Ann-Marie McDonald
The Diviner's Tale by Bradford Morrow
My Soul To Take by Yrsa Siggurdsdottir
My Last Duchess by Daisy Graham
The Janus Stone by Elly Griffiths

Graphic Novel = 1

The Arrival by Shaun Tan

Non-Fiction = 4

The Wild Vine by Todd Kliman
The Fears of Henry IV by Ian Mortimer
Iceland Saga by Magnus Magnusson

DNF = 1

Three Seconds by Roslund & Hellstrom.............a Scandinavian thriller about undercover police, drugs and prisons,  it's very well written but became too complex and longwinded for me.



UK - 7
USA - 2
Canada - 1
Afghanistan - 1
Iceland - 2
Guernsey - 1
Democratic Republic of Congo - 1

Looking forward to February - hope it will be a great reading month for everyone.




2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great January reading-wise! I too have decided to read more non-fiction this year... ok, just reading one non-fiction book would be more than my usual, hehe. Hope you have a great February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow .. that's a lot of wonderful books this month!

    ReplyDelete