Thursday, March 24, 2011

Theme Thursday - Building


This is a new meme hosted by kavyen at Reading between Pages.. “Theme Thursdays” will be open from one Thursday to the next and anyone can post it. The rules are simple:


* A theme will be posted each week (on Thursdays)
* Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
* Post it and don’t forget to mention the author and the title of the book
* It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
* Since we may take a few days to finish a book, this event is open for one whole week

This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.

This week’s theme is – Building


"Perhaps they thought serpents were more likely to find refuge in our backyard because our house, unlike theirs, was built for natives, not Europeans, a big open bungalow of nipa and wood that let in the heat, wind and rain without hindrance, plus spiders, scorpions, bats, lizards,frogs and snails."

p93......The Road to Wanting by Wendy Law-Yone.

10 comments:

  1. It sounds like a very different place to live.

    Here's mine:

    http://bookbelle0819.blogspot.com/2011/03/theme-thursday_24.html

    Enjoy!

    Belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Great challenge selection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't like to live in that house...

    Mine: http://tantoslivrostaopoucotempo.blogspot.com/2011/03/theme-thursday-edificio.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be wanting a different place to live!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek, not my kind of house. I prefer my living quarters to be wildlife-free.

    My theme post is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd be moving! QUICK!

    If you want, you can read my "Building" HERE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snakes, yay! Love them. My type of home :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a wonderful teaser, perfect for the theme. I love that cover!

    Mine is here:
    http://abookwormsblog1.blogspot.com/2011/03/theme-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yuck! I wouldn't want to live there. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is one scary building. Thanks for the theme suggestion. I liked yours, lets see what we have next week.

    ReplyDelete