Sunday, May 1, 2011

Monthly Roundup - April 2011

Like so many I sat up late and watched the Royal Wedding and I wish that young couple a very happy life together. A wedding is like a bright ray of sunshine carrying the hope of a bright future so it was a good way for me to end what has been a less than sunny month and hope May will be a return to normality.

Not having the computer did at least give me a break from blogging and the time to take a look at what I was doing and how I was spending time and where I need to make changes.

My reading also took a nose dive - I kept starting books and then discarding them after a few chapters which made me question why I had chosen them in the first place. So my total for the month is way down but what I have read I've really enjoyed . The books from early in April I'm not reviewing, those marked with an * will be reviewed this week.  

Books Read in April = 9

The Dressmaker by Posie Graeme-Evans
The Traitor's Wife by Kathleen Kent
The Templer Legacy by Steve Berry
The Sandalwood Tree by Elle Newmark
La Rochelle's Road by Tanya Moir
The Creeper by Tania Carver
Child of the Prophecy by Juliet Marillier *
The Bride That Time Forgot by Paul Magrs
Farundell by L R Fredericks *
Cuckoo by Julia Crouch *

Looking ahead into May I'm not making any plans or setting any goals. I want to return to reading without any pressures so will be going where the wind blows me with the exception of my Royal Reviews commitments. I'm also planning on visiting our daughter some time during the month which will be time away from the blog.

I wish everyone a very happy May with lots of great books to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment