Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Library Loot





Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Marg at The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader and Claire at The Captive Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.


I seem to be constantly popping in and out of the library - returning a couple and not being able to resist taking a few more home. Here is the loot from last couple of visits.



Galway Bay by Mary Pat Kelly..............I've seen this mentioned occasionally on blogs but it's new into the library so I thought I'd try it although from the bit I read while browsing not sure I'll like th style. Historical fiction - Ireland, the Potato Famine and emigration to America.
Mercy by Jussi Adler-Olsen.........more Scandinavian crime and one which has been receiving some glowing reviews.


The Lightkeeper's Wife by Karen Viggers..............."a moving story of love, loss and family. For the Aussie Author challenge.
Exposed by Liza Marklund.........' a fast paced thriller' . I haven't read Red Wolf, her previous book, but as this one is chronologically set before that I don't think it will matter.
The Circle of Silence by Shirley Shackleton.........non-fiction. Australian Shirley Shackleton was launched into an unexpected life as a human rights activist when her journalist husband , Greg Shackleton, was killed in East Timor in 1975. Her story is filled with with a profound sense of purpose, enduring love for her late husband, and a fierce determination to seek truth and justice for the Balibo Five.

What's in your loot this week?

2 comments:

  1. I have had Galway Bay here for ages. I really need to read it!

    Enjoy your loot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all new to me and I think I'm most intrigued by Galway Bay. Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete