Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Stephen King Project 2012


Hosted by Natalie and Kathleen

1.This will run from January through December 2012
2. Anyone can join. But you should have a blog OR an account with Goodreads, Shelfari, etc., so you can write your reviews and we can visit via the link at The Stephen King Project.
3.The Project will be hosted at The Stephen King Project review site. Participants should link their reviews to the Linky there.
Audiobooks count.
E-books count.

What Are the Commitment Levels?
  • A King Novice: 1 book
  • A Lil Bit of King: 3 books
  • A King to Balance It All: 6 books
  • A King Legend: 9 books
  • A King for All Seasons: 12+ books
Back in the '70's Stephen King was 'the Man' for me. I loved his early books and I still include The Stand as one of my all-time favourites ( I wonder if I'd feel the same all these years later). Then he took his writing in a direction that didn't appeal at all so it's been a long time since I read one of his books. But recent reviews from bloggers I trust (including Natalie) have sung the praises of 11/22/63 so I have it on hold at the library and I've had Under the Dome on my bookshelf waiting patiently to be read since the Book Fair of 2010. I'm signing up for A Lil Bit of King but if my passion is reignited I might read more.

3.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, so happy you are joining us for the project. I am still trying to figure out what level I will do but I will definitely be reading 11/22/63!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! I hope you enjoy 11/22/63 - I loved it! I'll be picking up Under the Dome this week, and I'm so excited for The Project to begin!

    ReplyDelete