Sunday, August 31, 2014

R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril IX

It's going to be a busy September! Already I plan to take part in two events  and thought about giving R.I.P. a miss but just can't resist. Hosted as always by Carl @ Stainless Steel Droppings


September 1 - October 31, 2014

Books to be read from these categories: Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Dark Fantasy, Gothic, Horror, Supernatural.

I am going to participate in Peril the First - read any four books, any length, that you feel fit (the very broad definitions) of R.I.P. literature.


I have imposed a library ban on myself for the first two weeks of September so will have to begin with what I have on the shelf. So far I have found two novellas and my Mary Stewart will count so hopefully that will be enough for a start.

Books read

The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
Wildfire at Midnight by Mary Stewart
Revenge by Yoko Ogawa
The Evil Eye by Joyce Carol Oates
The Secret House of Death by Ruth Rendell
Her by Harriet Lane
The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters
The Secret Place by Tana French
Wolf by Mo Hayder
The Facts of Life and Death by Belinda Bauer


Happy Reading!




7 comments:

  1. The Turn of the Screw gave me the serious creeps - I'll be interested to hear what you think of it! Happy reading - and Ripping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised I haven't read it before - in fact I have yet to read anything by Henry James.

      Delete
  2. Have fun! I've read A Study in Scarlet, which I enjoyed, but not the other two on your list. I'll be reading a Mary Stewart novel too, though I haven't decided which one yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of things happening this month and I'm looking forward to them all.

      Delete
  3. A lovely list, The Turn of the Screw especially.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the RIP event, it's such fun. I didn't enjoy Turn of the Screw particularly, but I've heard great things about Study in Scarlet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you decided not to give this a miss. And am hoping you can combine some of your reading plans for more than one event. Thank you so much, I'm honored that you would take the time and be a part of this event.

    ReplyDelete