Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Monthly Roundup - September 2014

September began in rather a confused way as I started and discarded book after book with nothing seeming to suit and not really knowing what I wanted.. Frustrating, but things improved as the month went on and I found myself , the chunkster queen, most satisfied with shorter novels, novellas, short stories and even some essays. I enjoyed both the events I took part in although I didn't read as much as I had hoped but that's usually what happens. So overall a good and varied reading month.

Books read in September = 14
Italics are from my bookshelf or on my Kindle.
* R.I.P.
* A Century of Books

The View From Castle Rock by Alice Munro 
Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev most of it read in Aug and still needs the review finished)
Summer House With Swimming Pool by Herman Koch
Crazy Pavements by Beverley Nichols *
Wildfire at Midnight by Mary Stewart
The Turn of the Screw by Henry James 
The Secret House of Death by Ruth Rendell **
Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
Revenge by Yoko Ogawa *  (Diversiverse)
A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle *
The Evil Eye by Joyce Carol Oates *
The Map of Love by Ahdaf Soueif  * (Diversiverse)
Her by Harriet Lane *
The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters *

Fiction = 14
Non-Fiction = 0
Library Books = 8
E-books = 0
Off my Shelf - 6

Coming Up in October



Margaret Kennedy Reading Week - 6th -12th October is being hosted by Jane @ Fleur in her World. I'm looking forward to this event as Margaret Kennedy is an author I haven't read before.

Book Fair

Early in September I packed up two bags of books to donate towards this annual charity event and now waiting with great anticipation to fill the gaps. It begins on the 1st Oct and goes through to Sunday 5th so more than one visit I should think.

First books for October....




No Name by Wilkie Collins - 69/600p read and loving it.
The Secret Place by Tana French - picking this up from the library today.
The Ladies of Lyndon by Margaret Kennedy - will begin reading at the weekend.


Have a wonderful October!


No comments:

Post a Comment