Wednesday, October 27, 2010

RIP V Challenge Complete

RIP V Challenge

Hosted by Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings the challenge has run from September 1st through October 31st and readers could choose their books from  any of these categories:

Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Dark Fantasy, Gothic, Horror , Supernatural

There were also several options as to the number of books to read - I chose Peril the First which was to read 4 books. I read:

Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger
We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
Affinity by Sarah Waters
The Grave Tattoo by Val McDermid

I've also read three others that fit into the Mystery/Suspense/Thriller category.

Started Early, Took My Dog by Kate Atkinson
A Room Swept White by Sophie Hannah
The Missing by Jane Casey

And I've participated in the readalong of The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova - weekly discussion and comments were held at the host site - On the Ledge Readalongs

Thanks Carl - I really enjoyed participating in this challenge and finally read a few books that had been on my list for a while. I look forward to next year.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sad that I couldn't join this one this year -- but I am SO joining next year!!

    I haven't read Sarah Waters yet (I know, what is up with me?!) -- I have to read the other ones on your list as well! I love a good creepy read!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I just saw the plug for The Historian Readalong! (Where is my head?!) I'm excited you joined and I'm excited you like the book! It's my favorite, can you tell? :)

    ReplyDelete