Sunday, January 9, 2011

Suddenly Sunday!

Yes, suddenly it's Sunday and the first full week of 2011 is over. I hope it's been a good one for everyone.

For the first time in many weeks Hubby and I have found ourselves alone which has been a lovely change and one we've sat back and quietly enjoyed after all the hustle and bustle of family around.
Summer is finally hitting hard and it's been very hot and very humid so outdoors is enjoying cooler evening walks or a bit of gardening. We've watched some tennis and, of course, I've done plenty of reading and blogging.

A brief hiatus in the holiday comings and goings as our daughter and her three boys arrive tomorrow to spend some time with us and we'll be back into another round of family entertaining.

Reading and Blogging

It would have been nice to shut the door tight on 2010 but I did have things left I need to do so I've done a bit of catching up and the rest will have to wait. I declared January a holiday and not too concerned about whether or not I review this month's reading. This week I read......

Rupture by Simon Lelic
The Wild Vine by Todd Kliman (non-fiction)
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Schaffer........which is my favourite for the week and as wonderful as all those reviews I've read have said. I loved it! But it does make it hard to dive straight into something new.


I started The Elephant Keeper ..............and then I read a few pages of Blueeyed Boy and can't really decide which one I want to continue with . Blame it on the heat ...........it's very unsettling!

So this week I doubt I'll have time to do anything more than have a quick glance at google reader......and hopefully a few moments for reading.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment