Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Library Loot

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Marg at The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader and Claire at The Captive Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.


 
I hadn't planned on a Library Loot this week - after the load last week I somehow deluded myself into thinking I'd be able to return the books that were due back on Monday and walk away emptyhanded. As you can see things didn't quite turn out like that............
 
 
 
The Lotus Eaters by Tatjana Soli ..........In a once-beautiful land now a warzone, three people are thrown together.
The Golden Mean by Annabel Lyon........Ancient Greece, Aristotle and a young Alexander the Great
 

The Devlin Diary by Christi Phillips.........a killer at the court of Charles II
Someone Else's Son by Sam Hayes.........suspense thriller

Mistress of The Elgin Marbles by Susan Nagel...........a biography of Mary Nesbit, Countess of Elgin.

Now all I need is the time to read the toppling pile.

Hope you have some great loot this week too.

10 comments:

  1. I want to read The Devlin Diary! This is the first time I have seen that cover for it... very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take that as a positive, you enjoyed Tell Tale, I ordered Sam Hayes new one also, should receive it soon, may need to follow up seems forever now.

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lotus Eaters is on my tbr list. I have a huge pile of books at home. I need more time to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Svea - I confess it's not the cover on my library book but I thought it was so much nicer - very pretty.

    Marce - enough to grab this new one when I saw it. I'll probably wait and review them together.

    Linda - The Lotus Eaters sounds something a bit different so hope it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mistress of The Elgin Marbles is on my library wishlist. I hope you find plenty of reading time to read what looks like a great set of books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, great picks! Mistress of the Elgin Marbles has caught my eye before and I've heard great things about The Golden Mean.

    Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Add another one for the Mistress of the Elgin Marbles. Might have to follow up my reading of Robert Lane Fox's The Classical World with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently read Mistress of the Elgin Marbles and really enjoyed it, though I think the author suffered a little from fandom. I look forward to seeing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to hear, Someone Else's son showed up in todays mail, yaaaay. Probably March reading though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have an affinity for Alexander the great stories -- I'll come back to see what you thought of the golden mean.

    ReplyDelete