Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Library Loot - 8 Feb


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Marg @ The Adventures of an Intrepid Readerand Claire @ The Captive Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they have checked out from the library.
Here is my loot from today's library visit. 



An Honourable Man by Gillian Slovo - historical fiction about General Gordon and Khartoum, a young doctor on the expedition to rescue Gordon, and the wife he has left behind in London.
The Hare with Amber Eyes by Edmund De Waal - NF - 'Part treasure hunt, part family saga - a memoir that spans two centuries."


 The House of the Wind by Titania Hardie - " In 2007, one woman will seek a path through sorrow. Centuries earlier, another will find her voice." Past and present woven together in a tale of intrigue and discovery.
What Lies Beneath by Sarah Rayne - " The past cannot remain buried forever". I like Sarah Rayne's mystery thrillers so this should be good reading.


Four doesn't seem many compared to what I used to carry home but my reading pace at the moment is tortoise-like and I fear this may be too many. Some people never learn!!!

8 comments:

  1. Gillian Slovo writes such interesting sounding books. One of these days I will read her!

    Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I keep saying - now I'm actually going to read one and we'll see.

      Delete
  2. Love the cover of the Hare with the Amber Eyes. Nice set of books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely cover and it sounds very interesting.

      Delete
  3. Lots of good books there. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An Honourable Man sounds particularly interesting. Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Sarah R on my list to try, glad to see you enjoy her mysteries.

    ReplyDelete