Friday, November 30, 2012

Monthly Roundup - November 2012

I must have sleeping while my third blogaversary came and went this month without me remembering. Hard to believe it has been that long! This time last year I was running out of enthusiasm but giving some thought as to why and working to bring about changes has made all the difference and 2012 has been a great year. 
I read some excellent books in November, fiction and non-fiction, but blogging priority had to be given to the challenges I wanted to finish.

Books read in November = 13
Italics are from my bookshelf or on my Kindle

Full House by M.J.Farrell (Molly Keane)
Testament of Youth by Vera Brittain (NF)
The Stranger's Child by Alan Hollinghurst
Coroner's Pidgin by Margery Allingham
The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey
Mrs Woolf and the Servants by Alison Light (NF)
The Beautiful Mystery by Louise Penny
Before the Frost by Henning Mankell
Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie
Lark Rise by Flora Thompson (NF)
The Hypnotist's Love Story by Liane Moriarty
Dark Room by Steve Mosby
The Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy 


Fiction = 10
Non-Fiction = 3
Library Books = 9
E-books = 0
Off my Shelf = 4
DNF - 2

Added to my bookshelf = 1 - very happy to find another Molly Keane!

2012 Completed Challenges
What's In A Name 5 Challenge
Vintage Mystery Challenge

2013 Challenges - Trying to keep these to a minimum as I prefer the shorter monthly events that pop up during the year so unless I'm tempted by a Classics Challenge this will be it.

What's In A Name 6 Challenge
Vintage Mystery Challenge
2013 TBR Pile Challenge

The Turn of the Century Literary Salon - hosted by Katherine @ November's Autumn will replace A Classics Challenge although the format is the same. Every month a Mr Linky will be provided where we can share any type of post ( like the 2012 prompts) relating to Classics written between the late 1880's through to the early 1930s.

Looking ahead to December - not a month where I want any commitments but I do have two Margaret Atwoods on my shelf so this is an opportunity to read at least one.


Advent With Atwood has four co-hosts but I read about it at Iris on Books

Have a great December!

1 comment: