Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Review: Ever by Gail Carson Levine



Category: Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy
Publisher: HarperCollins, 2008

244p

Summary: Teenaged Kezi is to be sacrificed to the Hyte god because of a rash promise made to her father, but young Olus, Akkan god of the winds, falls in love with her and together they try to change her fate through a series of quests.

Newbery Honor author Gail Carson Levine has created a stunning new world of flawed gods, unbreakable vows, and ancient omens. Her story about love, destiny, and belief is spellbinding.

I would wholeheartedly agree. Not venturing often into YA I haven't read any of her other books, although I've seen them mentioned , but I spotted this one on the library display shelf and needing something to finish off a challenge I brought it home.

This author has the gift of weaving magic from words and her mythical story, narrated alternately by Kezi and Olus, is filled with romance and adventure while also raising issues of belief and faith.
A delightful tale which I really enjoyed.


Once Upon A Time Challenge

1 comment:

  1. Awww this one sounds cute :D I want to read it! But then I do love fantasy..of course the YA, never know with YA

    ReplyDelete