This is a meme hosted by Kavyen @ Reading Between Pages “Theme Thursdays” will be open from one Thursday to the next and anyone can post it. The rules are simple:
* A theme will be posted each week (on Thursdays)
* Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
* Post it and don’t forget to mention the author and the title of the book
* It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
* Since we may take a few days to finish a book, this event is open for one whole week
This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.
This weeks theme is -
ANTONYMS (Pick 2 snippets that have an opposite i.e. if one sentence has OPEN the other should have CLOSE)
A great theme that required a little more thought and searching than usual!
"He looked back at me and then he turned and inched forward, but the greengrocer's grass overlapped the the edge of the hole and it yielded under his feet and he fell, with his bat bat cape flying behind him, down into the grave."..........p61
"I implored Charlie to take my hands so I could pull him back up."...........p62
From The Other Hand by Chris Cleave.