Wednesday, December 31, 2014

and so that was Christmas,,,

...and I hope everyone has had a lovely festive season. We are home again after a long and relaxing time staying with our daughter and her family. If the weather chose not to come to the party a little rain didn't dampen our spirits and we shared a perfect family Christmas.

Now it is New Year's Eve - the last day in a year that as Queen Elizabeth once said has been an ' annus horribilis' -I cannot wait to turn the page and start a new one.

As I didn't blog, or even keep a list of the books I read in the first six months of 2014 I am not making any ' best of''  or stats lists but yesterday enjoyed a quiet time catching up on my Feedly posts. With family expected over the next few days I sadly don't have time to stop and comment and will have to try and make up for that later in January.

Not many moments for reading either but I took The Fortune of the Rougons by Emile Zola away with me and am halfway through and loving it. Not the wisest choice perhaps as my carefully laid plans for January's reading now have to be rearranged but then those plans also include the resolution to follow my heart and not the 'I should be' voice so if some books have to wait a bit longer so be it. 

Hopefully I should be back to a normal blogging pace by the beginning of next week.



8 comments:

  1. An early Happy New Year, Cat - I hope this one brings all good things, and lots of books to read. I'm glad you had such a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that you have and will be spending time with your family, and I'm particularly pleased that you're enjoying The Fortuness of the Rougons,because it's om my Classics Club list. Happy ew year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a lovely Christmas. I'm glad I decided to read The Fortune... before I read any further of the series. I t really gives the background to the family.

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a relaxing Christmas and are enjoying The Fortune of the Rougons! Wishing you all the best for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you've had a lovely Christmas with your family and hope 2015 will be a better year for you. I love Zola but haven't read The Fortune of the Rougons yet - I'm pleased to hear you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen. I recommend reading it if you're interested in the Rougon-Macquart series.

      Delete