Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Year In First Lines



Sitting here trying to raise enough enthusiasm to write a review I spotted this meme at FleurFisher - it originated at The Indextrious Reader.
Take the first line of each month's first post over the past year and see what it tells you about your blogging year.


January: Iz Happy Cat - Iz Chose Freedom


February: ... a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: 


March: My latest loot is several books that I had on hold - as always happens ,all ready to be picked up at the same time.

April: Computer Meltdown - Hopefully it won't be too long before I'm back online.

May: Like so many I sat up late and watched the Royal Wedding and I wish that young couple a very happy life together.

June: Hard to believe another month has gone and we're almost halfway through the year.

July:  I came home with quite a haul today after once again returning several I'd begun but didn't like enough to persevere with.

August: Another month gone and this one has been my best reading month so far this year.

September:  It's that time of the year again!

October: Before I start the project of reading the books on my shelf I'm making a list so I can keep track of my progress.

November: Bev at My Reader's Block is again hosting this challenge and in 2012 the challenge is all about vintage themes - there are 10 different themes to choose from with the goal being to read 8 books from each chosen theme.

December: The end of the year is nigh as we welcome in December and I can't say I'm sorry to see November go.

Reminder to self for 2012 - do try to make the first lines of your posts a little more interesting!!

5 comments:

  1. But it's so cool...I made your first line round-up!

    Hope you're having a great holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely mix of subjects - I hope you enjoyed your look back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely mix of subjects - I hope you enjoyed your look back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat idea for a meme, but I'm not sure I want to see how boring my first lines are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing along! So entertaining to see everyone's first lines. I do try to make my first lines interesting but only remember to do so for about 3 months and then it's back to regular blogging...so no clever year end mix! Anyhow, it is an interesting way to look back at the year!

    ReplyDelete